Saturday, November 15, 2014
Does Your Home Have Curb Appeal?
At RE/MAX Lakes Area Realty, we are in the business of helping people buy and sell their home. In order to help you with the decision to sell, we’ve come up with a series of five articles…useful tips that will help you be prepared when selling your home. Check back here often for the next article in the series, and be sure to subscribe to our blog by email at the top right of this page.
Article Four of Five:
The sale of your home can depend a great deal on whether or not it has Curb Appeal. What is Curb Appeal? Simply put, it is anything visible to a prospective buyer from the street that makes them want to see more of the house. Curb Appeal can be a powerful force in attracting potential buyers to your home. But how do you ensure that your house has as much Curb Appeal as possible?
Here are some easy places to start:
· Make sure the lawn is mowed, and all trees and bushes are well trimmed.
· Place planters of flowers or hanging baskets on the porch.
· See that all flowerbeds are weeded and freshly mulched.
· Check that the front door is attractive and freshly painted.
· Consider re-painting the exterior of your house.
· Give the outside of your home a good scrub: clean the windows, patio furniture, driveway and sidewalks.
· If you own a lake home, make sure your lake shore and docks are well maintained.
· Finally, make sure your house numbers are visible, your mailbox is in excellent condition, and that all porch and outside lights are working properly. You want interested buyers to find your home easily!
These are just a few ideas to get you started in preparation for selling your home. Once the home is ready to be put up for sale, it will be listed on our website, where it can get the attention of thousands of prospective buyers. One of our real estate agents would love to sit down and talk with you about other strategies for marketing your home. Give us a call at 218-963-9554 or email us at email@example.com and we’ll put you in contact with one of our real estate professionals.
Please subscribe to our blog and stay informed of everything that's happening in our area.
Posted by Brad Wallace at 8:00 AM