- Chips and Dip: the classic standby, but don't forget there is more to the dip than meets the eye.
- Healthy Finger Foods: yep...veggies - and some other stuff as well.
- Meat & Cheese Tray: get some nice hard salami, or other spicy summer sausage and pair it with some cheese that people don't eat on a regular basis, like Gouda, Provolone or any smoked cheese.
- Pigs in a Blanket: for bonus points, wrap a piece of bacon around the whole pig in a blanket and brush it with some soy sauce.
- Chicken Wings: a variety would be nice.
- 10 Layer Dip: I like mine with Guacamole.
- Hoagie: make a 3 footer with sour dough and slice it up. Put some brown mustard, chipotle mayo and Sriracha in some squeezable condiment bottles and let people spice it up the way they want. (Don't forget to put some good peppers out as well)
- Pulled Pork: even though it's winter in Minnesota, take some time the day before the party and put a brisket on the grill...you know you want to.
- Chili: some don't like it hot, so put some chili powder and peppers out with this hearty soup as well.
- Beer: this has to fall within a food group somewhere, and if you make your own, that would be even better.
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Top Ten Super Bowl Party Foods of All Time
A year ago, Timothy Rapp, a featured columnist for Bleacher Report, wrote an article regarding the top ten Super Bowl foods. For the most part, I agree with his list, and for those of you that know me, know that I know food like Bo knows whatever it is he knows these days. So without further adieu, I'm going to combine Tim's list with mine, and in no particular order, don't let your party be without these tasty morsels:
These are just 10 suggestions of many Super Bowl foods that will grace our party tables this coming Sunday. Here's a tip: get up and grab some of the chow while the game is going on, and be in your seats for the commercials. People will be talking about those more than the game the next day anyway, so you'll want to be able to hold an intelligent conversation with the first person who brings up the ad that choked them up the most. From all of us at RE/MAX Lakes Area Realty, have a safe and happy Super Bowl holiday.
Posted by Brad Wallace at 5:09 PM